November 18, 2014
Experts from 5nine Software and StarWind Software proceed with their break-out session on the creation of cost effective and highly available Hyper-V failover cluster. Join them to continue receiving the essential insight.
If you haven’t seen the first webinar - be sure to check it out right here
November 14, 2014
With a need for 24/7 operations, protecting data in ways that minimize downtime is an essential requirement for all IT departments. Data replication is a key tool that enables virtualization administrators to deliver continuous operations in virtual server environments. There are important considerations which determine where best to implement replication technology.
This webinar discusses the technical options available and how to choose the right product for your needs. You will learn:
- Why data replication is needed in your IT environment
- A definition of data replication, including the different modes of operation
- Why array-based replication solutions aren’t ideal for virtualized environments
- How to choose between volume-based or VM-based replication tools
- An overview of Veeam Backup and Replication, including replication features
- An overview of StarWind Virtual SAN, including replication features
November 5, 2014
Server-side storage, now increasingly called “Virtual SAN” with VMware’s adoption of the term in 2014, is not a new idea. The strategy, involving the nodal clustering of locally-installed or direct-attached silicon and magnetic storage, was first articulated by StarWind Software in 2011. StarWind was working to develop a storage architecture that would help early adopters of server hypervisors realize the promised cost efficiencies from their investments. Storage remains a significant cost in server virtualization, creating a barrier for large and especially smaller firms seeking to drive down IT costs while enabling better service levels. And StarWind brings a hardware-minimalistic and flash-friendly solution which compliments the VMware hypervisor delivering a more robust and capable Virtual SAN at a lower cost.
Join storage expert, Jon Toigo, to learn more about Virtual SAN, the capabilities of VMware’s preliminary offering, and the complimentary product from StarWind Software. Jon will be joined by Max of StarWind to dig into the technical details of the product and how it provides storage high availability and fault tolerance and enables cost reduction for businesses of all sizes that are increasingly adopting the VMware vSphere/ESX hypervisor.
October 31, 2014
Changing virtual machine formats on demand is not a luxury, but a real necessity right now. That’s exactly why StarWind brings V2V Converter to its customers. Most vendors have developed their own VM formats, which are not accepted by other hypervisors. That’s not at all convenient and StarWind V2V Converter solves this problem with ease.
Here’s what StarWind V2V Converter does:
- Converts VMs freely between the major formats – VMDK, VHD(X) and StarWind native IMG, basically “cloning” it, leaving the original intact.
- As a side effect from the previous feature, there’s an additional backup copy of the converted VM, so the process becomes completely safe.
- Enables the activation of Windows Repair Mode when converting to VHDX format. This way, the VM adapts to the changes in hardware environment without any issues.
Download the latest version of V2V Converter
October 27, 2014
Join StarWind at TechEd 2014 in Barcelona on October 28-31 and take advantage of our activities:
• Attend StarWind daily mini-sessions at 1PM!
• Enter to win 2 JBL portable wireless speakers in our raffles and dozens of other giveaways!
• Come to the booth for a 1:1 demo with StarWind technical experts!
October 24, 2014
Today more than ever businesses of all sizes need the maximum levels of availability and reliability for their business critical applications.
It’s important to reduce IT expenses and make your business comply with the legal requirements by implementing a comprehensive BC/DR (Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery) strategy. Join our webinar to learn why having an effective disaster recovery plan is so important and how this differs from simple application or server resiliency. We will discuss technical issues involved in implementing DR in a virtual server environment and will show you how using the StarWind Virtual SAN solution can help increase the availability of your business critical workloads. Topics covered will include:
- Windows Failover Clustering requirements
- Quorum, networking and storage considerations
- Geo-Clustering for disaster recovery
- Using StarWind Virtual SAN with hyper-converged multi-node scale-out clusters
October 23, 2014
Dear StarWind Friend,
We are excited to announce that StarWind Virtual SAN has been shortlisted in the Storage, Virtualization, Cloud (SVC) Awards 2014 in three categories, including:
- Storage Virtualization Product of the Year
- Storage Management Product of the Year
- Virtualization Management Product of the Year
If you believe we deserve to win these awards, please vote for us!
October 23, 2014
Join virtualization experts from StarWind and 5nine to discover best practices on how to:
- Benefit from highly available Hyper-V failover cluster
- Simplify the cluster and VM management using 5nine Manager for Hyper-V
- Cut costs, increase resilience and minimize hardware footprint with StarWind Virtual SAN
- Adopt the needs of your environment with easy scale up and scale out
Special Offer: Attend the webinar and take your chance to win a FREE 6-month NFR license key for StarWind Virtual SAN!
October 22, 2014
Want to reduce IT expenses and help your business comply with the legal requirements? To do so, you’ll need to implement a comprehensive Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BC / DR) strategy.
Join our webinar to learn why having an effective disaster recovery plan is so important and the additional protection one gets you over simple application or server resiliency. We’ll discuss the technical details involved in implementing a DR strategy in a virtual server environment that includes the StarWind Virtual SAN solution.
During the webinar you’ll learn:
- The business need for BC/DR
- Why BC/DR is different from simple hardware resiliency
- Strategies for implementing BC/DR based on application and business Service Level Objectives
- Choosing between storage array and hypervisor based recovery solutions
- Choosing between VM-level and LUN-level recovery solutions
- Technical solutions for BC/DR with virtual servers, including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere and open source platforms
- Vendor roundup - 3rd Party recovery solutions for virtual environments
April 30, 2014
Dear StarWind Friends,
We are excited to announce that our company has been named as a Finalist for the Storage Awards 2014.
StarWind has been shortlisted in multiple categories, including:
- Storage Magazine “One to watch” Award – Product
- Storage Magazine “Value for Money” Award
- Storage Marketing Team of the Year
- Storage Innovators Award
- DR & Backup Product of the Year
- Storage Monitoring Product of the year
- Cloud Enabler of the year
- Big Data Company of the year
- Storage Virtualisation Product of the Year
- Editor’s Choice
If you believe we deserve to win these awards please vote for us!
Thank you for your time and support!